CP Nel Museum, Oudtshoorn, Klein Karoo Kannaland
This extensive display on ostriches and Karoo History is housed in a splendid sandstone building built in 1906 at the height of ostrich fever. Featured too are some excellent Victorian Shopfronts and the interior of an 1896 synagogue transferred to the museum when its original home was demolished.
Included in the ticket is admission to the Le Roux Townhouse – an excellent example of a feather place.
Visiting hours are as follow: Mondays – Fridays: 08:00 -17:00: Saturdays: 09:00 – 13:00: Sundays & Public Holidays: Open on request. Tourist guides are available in Afrikaans and English.
Situated at 3 Baron van Rheede Street: Tel: 044 272 7306 OR Website
|More info on the town of Oudtshoorn||More info on the Klein Karoo area|