The Wedge Classic 2013 – Sponsorship Proposal
EVENT SPONSORSHIP PROPOSAL
Event Name: “The Wedge Classic” Plettenberg Bay
Event Date: Tuesday, 2nd July to Saturday, 6th July 2013
Timing: 8:00AM – 5:00PM Daily; Prize giving on last day; After Party on last day
Venue: The Wedge Beach, Plettenberg Bay
Demographic: 10- 30 years
Objective: Promotion of South African Bodyboarding to participants and spectators; interaction with a highly brand conscious demographic of 10 to 30 year olds.
Media: Print, Radio and Electronic
The Wedge Classic is the 4th and final event before S.A champs on the SA Bodyboarding Association circuit and it is the longest standing Bodyboarding event in South African history.
The Wedge Classic promotes bodyboarding in South Africa and exposes fans to the most talented individuals of the sport. The Wedge classic has been designed to raise the profile of the sport of bodyboarding and acknowledge the top athletes participating. The event will comprise of three main elements: Competition, Entertainment and a Prizegiving.
About the Wedge Classic:
Plettenberg Bay has hosted this event for 18 years, attracting more than 100 entrants many of whom are South Africa’s best bodyboarders. The contestants come from all around the country and are ready to battle each other for the coveted “King of the Wedge” title. The Wedge in Plett is one of South Africa’s most famous and desired Bodyboarding venues and this event has a long standing tradition in South Africa and is a firm favorite on the body boarding calendar.
As a sponsor of the 2013 “Wedge Classic”, you will have the opportunity to increase your brand visibility and recognition among a much desired audience between the ages of 10 and 30 (a key demographic for the longevity of any business). This audience is brand conscious, responds positively to electronic marketing and provides a great word-of-mouth platform. The locality and the exclusivity of the venue besides the grade of audience attending the event will provide an ideal platform for the sponsors to directly target this segment as part of your marketing campaign. The media coverage will ensure suitable acknowledgement to sponsors based on sponsorship. For this event we are offering several different types of sponsorship opportunities, which allow you to pick what best suits your company’s marketing strategy. Once you decide on a sponsorship package, we will work to ensure that you receive true value from your investment in terms of media coverage, target audience and marketing objectives.
RED BULL SPONSORSHIP
Red Bull has been a product sponsor of The Wedge Classic since 2002, also providing a PA system, stage and small tent throughout the event. They have agreed to increase their sponsorship this year and have confirmed the following:
- The Red Bull Mobile Stretch Truck / Open Lounge area to include:
- Red Bull Stretch Tent
- Stage platform
- PA System
- Sale Point / Bar area
- “Chill Lounge” with tables, chairs, bean bags and other “chill out” casual decor; also to be used during the Prize giving
- Big Screen Plasma TV and stand for video footage, Facebook updates, etc.
- Athlete Warm-up Area with Red Bull spinning bikes and stretching platform
Red Bull will also be introducing new attractions and will be involved with the coordination of the following:
- The Rosco Element Skate Ramp (this is a portable skate ramp where exhibition skate boarders will be scheduled during the briefing evening and then the next day to launch the competition).
- The Red Bull Knee Boarding Competition and “Air” Show (bodyboarding) with a R2 500 cash prize from Red Bull.
- The Red Bull “After Party” at the Plettenberg Bay Lifesaving Club on Central Beach to include a Red Bull DJ Personality and a Big Screen Plasma TV and stand for video footage of the entire event.