HomeGrown Community Market
Venue: Kuzuri Restaurant & Venue
Dates: 29/04/2017 to 29/04/2017
Kuzuri’s HomeGrown Community Market is going from strength to strength, with 25 handpicked stalls that will delight shoppers looking for unique products ranging from homemade treats and natural cosmetics to handmade toys and herb seedlings.
This month, they can even look forward to wine tastings paired with locally produced food like goat’s cheese and jams made from indigenous wild fruit.
“HomeGrown is gradually evolving into a gathering of passionate exhibitors and discerning buyers, who enjoy the gorgeous surroundings, peaceful atmosphere and warm buzz equally,” says owner Sandra Simpson. “It is wonderful to witness our vision slowly becoming a reality.”
Ilse Muller (from well-known local jazz duo Havanna) will be adding her smooth and sultry music to the laidback weekend vibe, starting at 11:00 and extending into the afternoon. So whether you are looking for a family-friendly breakfast before hitting the market, or want to unwind with a lazy cocktail after shopping, Kuzuri has you covered.
New stalls joining us this month:
- Varietals, presenting Groote Post Wine Estates’ “Old Man’s Blend”, which will also be on special
- Jenny Penny, with cute homemade dresses for little girls
- Karen de Jager from the Agricultural Research Centre, with jams made from indigenous wild fruit
- Runako Arts & Crafts, with handmade batik home-ware
- Cocktails – Buy one, get one free
- Old Man’s Blend red wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz & Cabernet Franc) – R 115 per bottle
- Old Man’s Blend white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Chenin Blanc & Semillon) – R 110 per bottle