...an inclusive, dynamic, vibrant and powerful agent of change in the business environment.
Welcome to The South African Council for Businesswomen in Nelspruit
The South African Council for Businesswomen is an inclusive, dynamic, vibrant and powerful agent of change in the South African business environment.
The Council offers membership to corporate women, professional women and entrepreneurs, this includes private and franchise business owners. Young prospective entrepreneurs are encouraged to get involved in the youth branches. The Council aims to promote the business interests of its members in particular and the economy of South Africa in general.
What We Do
The Council offers development for all levels of businesswomen where they can learn, grow and be challenged to excel in a supportive and uplifting environment through value-added services and networking opportunities presented by the organization.
The Council is part of the AHI and through this affiliation the Council forms part of all top-level government negotiations in order to influence the South African business climate where members operate in. We are the only businesswomen organization affiliated with the AHI.
Influencing the business environment
• The Council is a mouthpiece for members to exercise and influence the climate of the business environment they operate in
• Through the affiliation with the AHI, members are afforded insight and influence into government policy making
• The President of the Council has a seat on the National Executive Committee of the AHI and forms part of all high-level negotiations with government
Businesses and marketing opportunities
• Members can utilize the Council as a vehicle for networking and building mutually beneficial relationships
• Members are in a position to expand and strengthen their organizations by utilizing all opportunities to market their businesses
• Members are offered preference and preferential rates when attending functions or when they utilize marketing opportunities to promote their business
• Members may use the brand value of the Council as a value add to promote their own organizations
• Members will have the opportunity to offer their own products and services at special rates to co-members and vice versa
• Members will have the opportunity to utilize the website and functions for advertising and marketing purposes
• Opportunities are provided for members to develop in their own right by way of the Businesswoman of the Year competition, mentorship, capacity building, workshops, seminars and conferences
• A wide range of business related expert knowledge and advice is available to members, including the “expert desks” of the AHI and other related value adds
• Regular business-orientated functions, workshops and self-development seminars are presented to members
Social well-being and fun
• The Council creates its own platform for socialising without prejudice
• It recognizes the unique challenges applicable to women in business
• Members have a sense of belonging to an empowering organization that allows opportunities for business and fun
• Members have the opportunity to interact with women with inspiring success stories
• The Council recognizes, rewards and celebrates excellence of its members