See what ShowMe™
can do for your business!
Showing You Quality Articles…
ShowMe™ and Bona bring you some of this magazine’s top notch content right here on our site. Bona offers readers a diverse range of editorial that is informative, educational and interesting.
Bona is South Africa’s most read monthly, consumer magazine
Click on the cover to see the headlines for this issue and find subscription information below.
Source: This article is taken from the August 2011 issue Bona Magazine.
Fix your flaws without breaking the bank.
We often look at celebs and wish we looked as perfect as they do. You may envy Ciara’s cheekbones, Rihanna’s delicate nose or Beyonce’s beautifully big eyes.
Luckily you don’t need to be a millionaire or have plastic surgery to make the best of what you’ve got.
We reveal the clever make-up tricks celebs use to highlight and define their best features and hide their flaws.
1. A shapely nose
If you feel your nose is too wide, big, or the bridge is too low, there is help:
- Use foundation or face powder that is two shades darker than the colour that perfectly matches your skin. Blend it down both-sides of your nose from the inner corners of your eyes to your nostrils. Try Woolworths Cosmetics Face Longwear Max Cover Foundation SPF25 (R99.95).
- Dust face powder or even a light brown eyeshadow down the middle of your nose from below your eyebrows to the tip of your nose. Try Yardley Stayfast Velvet Single Eyeshadow in Warm Gold (R52.95), from major retailers.
2. Defined cheekbones
To get celebrity-style high cheekbones practise this:
- Imagine there’s a straight line running from the corner of your mouth to the top of your ear. Brush face powder or foundation two shades darker than your natural skin colour from your jawline up to this imaginary line. Try Black Opal True Color Liquid Foundation Oil-Free (R169.95), from major retailers.
- Then use bronzer or blusn with shimmer on the top of your cheeks, close to the outside corner of your eyes and temples. Try Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Mocha Velvet (R89.98), from major retailers.
3. Big eyes
Create the look of gorgeous, wide awake eyes like this:
- Use a medium to dark brown matte eyeshadow on your eyelids from the lashline to the crease. Try Yardley Stayfast Velvet Single Eyeshadow in Chestnut (R52.95), from major retailers.
- Put black eyeliner only onto top lid (a bit thicker than you normally would). Try Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Black (R120), from retailers.
- If you have long lashes, use lash building mascara to open up the eyes, or put on some falsies. It is a big trend and helps to take attention away from heavy eyelids. Try Essence No Limits Volume Mascara Waterproof (R34.95), Clicks. Elise lashes (R55), from Eyelash Central.
- Never cover your whole face with shimmer; use only to highlight your best features.
- Never use a product that is not a natural shade similar to your skintone. Products should have a warm yellow or red undertone, never a cool pink or blue undertone.
Stockists Black Opal enquiries 083 468 3686 Rimmel,
Yardley 021 507 8100
Clicks (Essence, Revlon) 0860 254 257
Eyelash Central 011 326 1525
Bona offers readers a diverse range of editorial that is informative, educational and interesting.
Looking for a gift for someone special? Let them receive this wonderful magazine from you every month!
Click on the cover to see what’s in the latest exciting issue of Bona