See what ShowMe™
can do for your business!
Showing You Quality Articles…
ShowMe™ and Food & Home Entertaining bring you some of this magazine’s top notch content right here on our site. And if that doesn’t impress you, wait until you have a copy of Food & Home Entertaining open in front of you:
Making hot stuff entertaining real easy!
See below for more info on the last issue and find out how to subscribe.
Salmon, dill and asparagus terrine
Time: 3 hours
To drink: Sumaridge Maritimus 2009 blends zesty sauvignon blanc with creamy, toasty chardonnay, buffered by the nettly semillon component which will stand up to creaminess.
- 400g smoked salmon
- 250g smooth cream cheese
- l00g creme fraiche
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 10ml (2 tsp) creamed horseradish
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 packet green asparagus, blanched
- Lightly sprinkle a terrine dish with water and line with plastic wrap, leaving some hanging over the sides.
- Neatly line the base and sides of the dish with overlapping slices of salmon, leaving the ends of the salmon strips hanging over the sides of the dish. Refrigerate for 20 minutes
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, creme fraiche, lemon juice, horseradish and dill. Mix well and season. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half the cream cheese mixture into the terrine and level the top. Lay the asparagus spears on this surface and top with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the overhanging salmon strips and the plastic wrap over the top and carefully press down on the terrine with a heavy object. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Open the top of the plastic and turn the terrine out on a flat surface. Peel off the plastic, slice and serve chilled. For a textured variation, add a layer of blanched spinach between the salmon and the cream cheese.
Recipe by Anna Montali Styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube Photograph by Greame Borchers.
This Article was taken from the January 2011 Issue of Food & Home
If you want to wow your guests, feel inspired and have all the help you need at your fingertips, why not subscribe to this great magazine?
Looking for a gift for someone who loves entertaining? Let them receive this wonderful magazine from you every month!
See what’s in the latest exciting issue of food and home.