See what ShowMe™
can do for your business!
The members of the BLO committee wish all our members, friends and partners a prosperous, healthy and safe 2012 and may all your birding dreams come true. It is once again going to be a busy start to the year as can be seen from the EVENTS described below. We recommend that you at least read the great TRIP REPORTS by Anita, MC and Richard and see Stuart’s comments on the draft EIA for a proposed wind farm at Caledon. We would like to appeal to members to assist us by getting lots of new birders to attend the Flight for Birders course so that we can try to broaden our membership base. Also kindly volunteer your services to help us with our golf day effort.
- We have received more positive feedback from an overseas birder that visited our shores
- We appeal to all to assist us with the dissemination of the four identification brochures on the common birds of the Western Cape Province
- The BirdLife Overberg ‘Bird of the Month Competition’ is proving to be very popular and is being very well received. We give some impressions
- You don’t want to miss browsing through some of the fantastic entries in our ‘Bird of the Month’ competition
- The announcement and agenda for the ninth BirdLife Overberg Annual General Meeting was distributed earlier
- The minutes of the BirdLife Overberg AGM 2011
- The BirdLife Overberg Chairman’s report for 2011 will be loaded on the BirdLife Overberg club website as soon as this becomes available, but not later than 15 January
- Anita De Jager reports on a weekend outing to Vermaaklikheid
- Richard and Christene Masson spent some time in Swaziland, the Kruger National Park and the North-West Province: Richard’s photographs need to be seen
- Three hours were spent studying activities at a Large-billed Lark nest
- New Year’s Day birding in the Overstrand: 100 species in four hours
- Ever heard of the Collywobbles? MC Botha found many Cape Vultures there
- Kindly assist by reporting birds entangled in plastic
- A list of threatened and endangered eco-systems is now available
- Breeding coastal birds and kelp harvesting: Is there a problem in the making?
- Great news for albatrosses
- The year-end statement from our friends at the Dyer Island Conservation Trust
- Dr Stuart Shearer comments on the draft EIA report for a proposed Caledon wind farm on behalf of BirdLife Overberg
- Dr. Ross Wanless will be our guest speaker on 16 January
- Morning outing to Rooiels, Stony Point and the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens on 21 January
- Flight for Birders bird identification and conservation course at Fernkloof on 26 and 27 January. Kindly get your friends and family to attend and assist us in growing our membership
- The BirdLife Overberg Annual General Meeting on 6 February
- The annual BirdLife Overberg charity golf day is scheduled for 23 February
- Weekend outing to Duinepos in the West Coast National Park
- Here is our provisional calender of dates of events for 2012. Note these in your diary
Join BirdLife Overberg now. Download the registration form here.