100% Sunsational Durban
AS we are approaching Summer Season, Business Support, Tourism and Market Unit (BSTMU) recently launched a Summer Campaign called Sunsational Durban 100% Pure Summer in Johannesburg at the Soweto Festival with the aim of promoting Durban this summer…
Dumi Mbatha, Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications at BSTMU said the campaign was a huge success because Sunsational Durban can be described in three words which is excitement, exhilarating and simply breathtaking. “In Durban we offer so much, people must spend time outdoors, whether strolling or cycling along the beach, picnicking next to the dam or Botanic Gardens because Sunsational Durban is all being adventurous, just pure enjoyment,” she explained.
Mbatha urged eThekwini citizens to tour in their City so that they will understand why they are called Durbanites, “It is because Durban provides the perfect haven. Mbatha said 10 exciting activities that people must do this summer are as follows:
1. Coral Exploration (Scuba Diving): It is now internationally recognized and it’s a wonderful family bonding experience interacting with nature, where kids are allowed to do open water course, its mind blowing and life changing experience.
2. Shark Dive: The Shark cage experience presents a greater challenge as you immerse yourself into a world of living sharks.
3. Snorkel Lagoon: Get up close and personal with some of the most exciting creatures found off the KZN coastline, as you explore the nooks and rannies of the Snorkel Lagoon. www.ushakamarineworld.za
4. The Big Rush Big Swing Experience: For the ultimate ride of your life the ‘Big Rush Big Swing’ at the Moses Mabhida Stadium is a must. Jump into the void 106 meters above the worldcup football pitch and swing out in a huge 220 meter arc under the iconic arch.
5. Inanda Dam: Camping and Picnic Site set on the water’s edge afford magnificent views of the surrounding hills and make this an ideal venue for water sport enthusiasts and nature lovers. Only 45 minutes from Durban on the Indian Ocean, Inanda is an easily accessible, large recreational dam. Accommodation available at Inanda Dam and Resort is in the form of caravanning and camping. www.msinsi.co.za
6. 1000 Hills Experience – Safari and Cultural Experience the Valley of 1000 Hills is one of those few holiday destinations that has something for everyone. Unspoilt nature, wildlife, magnificent scenery, wining and dining, and warm country hospitality just a half an hour’s drive from the centre of Durban.
7. Sea Cruises: Daily deep sea cruises, harbor cruises, educational cruises and night charters are available from Wilson’s Wharf.
8. Splash Water World: Dubbed by locals as “Toti’s best kept secret.” Splash Water World water park provides families with a full day’s entertainment. Situated on Amanzimtoti Main Beach, its mix of speed and body rides caters for both adrenaline junkies and the less adventurous. Kids are guaranteed to be exhausted by the end of the day. Speed slides include the coaster tube ride. The water park is wheelchair-friendly, with lifeguards strategically positioned throughout. Braai facilities & putt-putt are all extra facilities in this safe and child-friendly facility, making it the ideal party venue.
9. Wave house: Wave House is a one of a kind attractions destination for those looking for action. It’s a fusion of surfing, snowboarding, skating and wakeboarding and is challenging ride for people of all ages. Wave House Events Arena is the ultimate concert goers place to be. From showcasing the countries’ top talent to international spectaculars – Wave House has delivered it all. Keep a watch on our website for up and coming events. www.gatewayworld.co.za
10. Township Experience: Woza eNanda is a township tour where you can meet local residents and visit a few of Durban‘s important historical sites. This includes a visit to where the home of Mahatma Gandhi was lived, as well as the institution where Nelson Mandela cast his first vote that resulted in a democratic South Africa, and also a visit to the Shembe village. Contact the Inanda Community Tourism Bureau – Tel. 031 519 2555 www.streetscenetours.co.za
Max’s Lifestyle is a hugely popular venue frequented by all cultures and races from all over the world. Max’s Lifestyle is the best restaurant in Umlazi, with traditional “Kasie” (Ethni Township Location) culture where one can enjoy, feel, and experience unique township culture in upmarket trendy and safe surroundings. Also popular for Sunday Sessions where Top DJ’s entertain those who enjoy good music and dancing. The VIP Lounge is available for those who prefer a relaxed less noisy environment. Tel: 031-906 1393 Fax: 031-906 1390 firstname.lastname@example.org www.maxslifestyle.co.za
Comfort Zone Strategically located at the entrance of the historic township of Clermont, near Pinetown Comfort Zone is the perfect place to relax in comfort at kasi. The unusual and special venue prides itself with sheer quality blending good food, good music which assures the discerning customer a superior top class atmosphere indeed. Duly registered and fully-licensed. The Comfort Zone is a restaurant, bar and top class entertainment venue of a special kind. The Comfort Zone is open seven days a week from 10am until late at night. http://thecomfortzone.co.za