See what ShowMe™
can do for your business!
Enter the F&HE 2012 cover cake competition and you could win amazing prizes, plus the chance to see your cake on our cover!
The most gorgeous cake on the bakes table at the school Fête?
The Piéce de Résistance at the book club?
Send us your recipe and stand a chance to see your cake on our cover and win a Kenwood Chef Mixer, a Carrol Boyes cake stand and a Golden Cloud hamper, with a total prize value of over R3 000.
How to enter the Golden Cloud cover cake competition
- Email your cake recipe and a brief motivation about what the cake means to you and your family to email@example.com with Golden Cloud Cover Cake Competition as the subject.
- Please do not include any photographs with your entry – only the recipe, clearly typed in English.
- Entries must be received by 7 September 2012.
- Recipes will be numbered and forwarded to the judges so that all entries are judged anonymously and without bias.
The judges will select 20 semi-finalists based on the recipes. These cakes will be baked by students from the HTA Culinary Academy. Five finalists will be selected and baked again so that the judges can pick a winner.
The winning cake (baked by F&HE and photographed in our studio) will appear on the cover of the December 2012 issue of F&HE, and the four runner-up cakes will appear inside the magazine.
- Leila Saffarian, food editor, F&HE
- Arnold Tanzer, consulting chef and master baker
- Stephen Billingham, president of the South African Chefs Association and principal of the HTA Culinary Academy
For more information on how to enter see the August 2012 issue of Food & Home Entertaining Magazine. Competition expires on 7 September 2012.